Senior Research Chemist (m/f/d)
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated synthetic chemist, with a broad knowledge of chemistry, to join our international team. The successful candidate will be required to work full-time in the lab, and synthesize, purify and characterize compounds independently.
- As a talented Research Chemist at Taros you will be responsible for carrying out and coordinating the synthesis of organic or metal-organic compounds.
- You will either work independently to lead group projects or be responsible for sections of projects in a team.
- You are able to exhibit a high-level of safety awareness and conduct safe lab operations.
- You are able to apply your broad knowledge in solving standard chemistry problems without supervision.
- You are open to guidance on complex chemistry problems from a senior team member or supervisor.
- You are a fast learner, technically proficient, think independently and exercise sound judgment related to your experience.
- You are practiced in documenting your experiments and results in a lab journal.
- You are accustomed to submitting detailed and regular reports about your Projects to your supervisor or team.
- You are experienced in professionally presenting your scientific results and observations.
- You have participated and or presented in scientific conferences and meetings.
- You are competent in handling standard laboratory equipment and developing innovative approaches for achieving specific objectives within the project framework.
- You can independently evaluate the merit of scientific techniques and procedures in solving problems based on your literature research.
- You have excellent time-management skills to run parallel projects and meet deadlines.
- A PhD in organic chemistry.
- Minimum 5 years of industrial experience.
- Proven ability in successful compound synthesis, troubleshooting problematic routes and delivering required compounds in suitable yield and purity.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in chemistry related software.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn and assist others.
- You have accumulated experience in multi-stage linear synthesis including processing, separation and analysis.
- You can analyze and identify compounds using a good range of modern separation and spectroscopic techniques, like interpretation of TLC, HPLC, polarimetry, IR, and NMR spectra of moderate complexity.
- You are able to supervise laboratory technicians in their routine work
- You have good English communication skills in word and script.
An open, multicultural and fast-paced environment where your innovative skills are rapidly trained. We provide cutting-edge technology in our laboratories, digitalized project management software and a team-driven atmosphere, to accelerate your achievements. Your salary will be matched with your experience.
Please apply by using the following link: https://www.tarosdiscovery.com/de/karriere/bewerberportal/.
For a complete application, please submit, in PDF format, in addition to your cover letter and resume, your references and, if applicable, internship certificates. If you have any questions regarding the advertised position, please contact our personnel department at 0231 226198-11.
We are pleased about your interest!
Looks interesting?As a leading contract research organization in discovery chemistry and custom synthesis, Taros provides comprehensive solutions to meet our clients’ needs from diverse branches and applications
Our experienced chemists practice a pragmatic culture and customer-centric approach in order to exceed project expectations, despite challenges, bridging very narrow timelines. They are trained to consider economic, safety and ecological boundaries and conditions laid out for all stages of the project, starting from the development of synthetic routes to…