Research Chemist Vacancy
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated synthetic chemist, with a broad knowledge of chemistry, to join our international team. The candidate will be required to work full-time in the lab, and synthesize, purify and characterize compounds independently.
- As a talented Research Chemist at Taros, you will be responsible for carrying out and coordinating the synthesis of organic or metal-organic compounds.
- You will either work independently to lead group projects or be responsible for sections of projects in a team.
- You are able to exhibit a high level of safety awareness and conduct safe lab operations.
- You are able to apply your broad knowledge in solving standard chemistry problems without supervision.
- You are open to guidance on sophisticated chemistry problems from a senior team member or supervisor.
- You are a fast learner, technically proficient, think independently and exercise sound judgment related to your experience.
- You are practiced in documenting your experiments and results in a lab journal.
- You are accustomed to submitting detailed and regular reports about your Projects to your supervisor or team.
- You are experienced in professionally presenting your scientific results and observations.
- You have already participated and/or presented in scientific conferences and meetings.
- You are competent in handling laboratory equipment and developing innovative approaches for achieving specific objectives within the projects.
- You can independently evaluate the merit of scientific techniques and procedures in solving problems based on your literature research.
- You have excellent time-management skills to run parallel projects and meet deadlines.
- A Ph.D. in organic chemistry.
- Minimum 2 years postdoctoral research or industrial experience.
- Proven ability in successful synthesis, troubleshooting of problematic routes and delivering of required compounds in suitable yield and purity on time.
- You have accumulated experience in multi-stage linear synthesis including processing, separation and analysis.
- You can analyze and identify compounds using a good range of modern separation and spectroscopic techniques, like the interpretation of TLC, HPLC, polarimetry, IR, and NMR spectra of moderate complexity.
- You are able to supervise laboratory technicians in their routine work.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in chemistry-related software.
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn and assist others.
- You have good English and German communication skills in word and script.
- An open, welcoming, multicultural, productive working environment where your innovative skills are rapidly train.
- We provide cutting-edge laboratories, a project management software as well as a team-driven atmosphere in order to ensure your achievements.
- Your salary will be matched with your experience.
- You will be required to work in a 2-shift system, which changes every two weeks. There is no night shift or weekend shift.
- Shift timings are Monday-Thursday from 7:30 to 16:00 and 13:00 – 21:30, Friday from 7:30 to 16:00 and 11:00 – 19:30.
Interested applicants should use our job portal to fill out the application, indicating salary expectations, earliest availability, publication list, a detailed description of research experience (like e.g. manuscripts, abstracts or presentations).
As a leading contract research organization in discovery chemistry and custom synthesis, Taros provides comprehensive solutions to meet our clients’ needs from diverse branches and applications
Our experienced chemists practice a pragmatic culture and customer-centric approach in order to exceed project expectations, despite challenges, bridging very narrow timelines. They are trained to consider economic, safety and ecological boundaries and conditions laid out for all stages of the project, starting from the development of synthetic routes to…