Job Definition and Tasks
- Independent planning and execution of synthetic standard procedures under the guidance of a laboratory manager
- Documentation and logging of synthetic procedures and analysis data
- Qualification and monitoring of laboratory equipment (general laboratory activities)
- Support for the creation of plans, reports and standard operating procedures (SOP) as well as Excel validations
- As a talented Research Chemist at Taros, you will be responsible for carrying out and coordinating the synthesis of organic or metal-organic compounds.
- You will either work independently to lead group projects or be responsible for sections of projects in a team.
- You are able to exhibit a high level of safety awareness and conduct safe lab operations.
- You are able to apply your broad knowledge in solving standard chemistry problems without supervision.
- You are open to guidance on sophisticated chemistry problems from a senior team member or supervisor.
- You are a fast learner, technically proficient, think independently and exercise sound judgment related to your experience.
- You are practiced in documenting your experiments and results in a lab journal.
- You are accustomed to submitting detailed and regular reports about your Projects to your supervisor or team.
- You are experienced in professionally presenting your scientific results and observations.
- You have already participated and/or presented in scientific conferences and meetings.
- You are competent in handling standard laboratory equipment and developing innovative approaches for achieving specific objectives within the project framework.
- You can independently evaluate the merit of scientific techniques and procedures in solving problems based on your literature research.
- You have excellent time-management skills to run parallel projects and meet deadlines.
- Completed training as a chemical engineer, MSc chemistry, CTA or PTA, with several years of synthesis experience or a natural sciences degree (eg chemistry engineer) with strong practical orientation (focus on organic synthesis)
- Initial experience within an organic laboratory
- Expertise with synthetic standard methods (e.g. dealing with Schlenk line, extraction, distillation, crystallization, etc.)
- Correct management of laboratory journals (electronic version)
- Good technical understanding in handling analytical devices (e.g., HPLC-MS, uHPLC-MS, GC-MS, etc.)
- Joy of analytical thinking and good observation
- Independent and reliable operation as well as active communication within a working group
- Good English skills and a good working relationship with MS Office and Chemstation
We offer a challenging and dynamic multi-cultural environment with a competitive salary matching your qualifications and experience. To complete your application, please use our job portal and include a cover letter, CV, your previous employer/s’ letter of recommendation and all relevant educational certificates.
Shift work is required changing every two weeks (only Monday to Friday from 07:30 am – 4:00 pm or 1:30 pm – 10 pm). There is no weekend or night shift.
As a leading contract research organization in discovery chemistry and custom synthesis, Taros provides comprehensive solutions to meet our clients’ needs from diverse branches and applications
Our experienced chemists practice a pragmatic culture and customer-centric approach in order to exceed project expectations, despite challenges, bridging very narrow timelines. They are trained to consider economic, safety and ecological boundaries and conditions laid out for all stages of the project, starting from the development of synthetic routes to…